What are you doing differently with your content creation this year? What content types are you focusing on? How are you making use of your talented digital marketing team to gain an edge from your competition?
At Bolton Remote, we help companies build offshore remote teams, including for digital marketing. They are serious about creating an impactful brand that they have leveraged the remote option to find the best people to work with.
But, having the right people on your corner is only step one. The next step is utilizing their skills to disrupt your industry. Here are three types of content to help you and your team do that in 2016:
Get serious about video content.
If you want to get your audience’s attention, you better deliver your content in a format they will consume. Right now that’s video. It accounts for half of today’s traffic, according HighHQ.
It can seem like too much trouble to create one video, but this is where investing in digital teams pay off. Your in-house marketers can work on strategy and production, while the remote team do their magic in post-production and promotions.
Make sure to use tools that will make the video production process a lot easier, while ensuring your team produces high quality shareable videos.
- WeVideo – an online video editor with collaborative features. You can invite the whole team to work on the project. They can provide feedback every step of the way and produce a final product that everyone agrees on.
- Filmora – a tool that enables your team to make basic film edits as well as provide a music library and other elements to turn your video into viral content. Your marketers can play around with filters, text, and other design aspects.
- Wistia – a video hosting platform that also tells you how your video was received. Using analytics and heatmaps, you’ll be able to tell if viewers skipped or rewatched any part. Gain valuable insight and make sure your marketers create videos that are better than before.
Make your content interactive.
Static articles and images just won’t cut it anymore. Your marketers need to create content your audience will engage with beyond tweeting quotes or sharing comments at the end of an article. Luckily, there are interactive content tools and platforms to help marketers get started.
- ThingLink – a tool that allows marketers to include engagement points and introduce rich media to further educate and interest viewers.
- Ceros – create simple designs that become more dynamic, informative, and appealing through animation. You can also incorporate photos and videos into the interactive content element.
- ContentTools – a platform that offers various tools to make your content more interactive. Create responsive designs, animated content, and different ways to present data your audience will engage with.
Content marketer Ashley Taylor Anderson calls it the “cure for content fatigue”. When your audience sees something fresh and new, they will definitely pay attention. As with video, interactive content is a marketing strategy more companies are starting to invest in.
Create online courses.
When you have a robust digital marketing team as well as leveraging offshore remote marketing support, you’ll find yourself abundant with excellent content. Take it further and elevate it by having your team turn your content into online courses.
- Learnyst – an easy-to-use tool that provide templates for course outlines, lessons, quizzes, and other study material. It’s designed to help marketers and educators create high-quality courses without taking too much time.
- Teachable – your team can create completely customized online courses that is in keeping with your brand. It has features for every step of the process, from course creation down to signups and payment.
- Coursmos – a tool that helps create bite-sized courses (or micro courses) people will more likely sign up for. Not everyone has the time to take online courses that require weeks to complete. It’s perfect for teaching simple skills related to your business.
It’s time to step-up your content game. Make sure your editorial calendar includes content that will amaze your audience, even blow them away. It’s up to you and your marketers to deliver information in formats that will leave a lasting impression.
Creating valuable content takes a village. Build a talented team by expanding your hiring pool. Visit us at www.BoltonRemote.com and we’ll help you find remote marketers who think outside the box to deliver results.
Latest posts by Bolton Remote (see all)
- 4 Steps to Solidify Company Culture this 2017 - January 25, 2017
- 4 Ways to Add Culture Fit to Your Hiring Method - December 28, 2016
- How to Test for 4 Qualities Every Great Programmer Must Have - May 24, 2016